Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Eyes Have It

I'm trying to learn Photoshop Elements. There's tons of great tutorials out there, some I particularly like are found at I Heart Faces, DIY Photography, and of course Pioneer Woman.
One of the elements I'm trying hard to get a grasp on is those beautiful sparkly eyes you see in so many shots. So here's some fooling around I did yesterday....If anyone more experienced has any tips or suggestions, or links to good tutorials I'd love to have them!!!


***Disclaimer: I know my kids look like cyborgs in some of these--I'm still learnin' folks! Just sharing my baby steps!!!***


(All the shots are the original followed by my edited version)

Girlfriend Girl:

Photobucket


Photobucket
Do you know what I see in this picture? TEENAGER...it's coming for me!!!

BoyBoy
Photobucket
Photobucket
Do you know what I see in this one? RABBIT!! Just kidding, but I do see braces in my future!!!
(I rushed through this one because I was running out of time.)Tiny Tim
Photobucket


Photobucket
I love all my children equally, but when it comes to "eyes" this kid has it cornered. She inherited my dad's icey blue ones, and this picture doesn't even come close to doing them justice.


LittleBear
Photobucket


Photobucket
LittleBear also has the blue eyes, not as light as TinyTim's, but still a lovely deep blue, which I COULD NOT get to look right in this photo.


So that's it! Again, please let me know any and all suggestions you may have!!! Thanks!


Linking to:
Wordless Wednesday, Momma Findings, Jolly Mom, Extraordinary Mothers, A Daily Dose of Toni,and 5 Minutes for Mom
Check them out for some more great Wordless Wednesday entries!    
Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. I wish I could give you advice on PS - but I'm still just as confused with it as I was when I started. I'm going to be signing up for a class at the local camera shop soon - it's a four part series :) I am determined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...I didn't think of check the camera shop. I was looking at the ones held by our local community college, but too much time & $$$ for a mom of 4 I decided! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - those are awesome!

    I spent about ten bucks on an English (think England English) photography magazine on Photoshop. It was loads of help and came with a CD that emphasized three of the processes in the magazine. I wish I had a name to pass along, but I have long since passed it on to a friend who is much more gifted than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Rob-hmpf. Thanks for nothin' then. :0) kidding! Thanks for the compliment! And if you ever remember the name please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I'm still learning.

    Happy WW!

    Jen from Creative and Curious Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you made some noticeable improvements in your photos (and it didn't hurt that your had adorable subjects to work with!).Keep it up! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are so cute!!!

    I left you something at my place!! Stop over and get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pics...You're way better than I am...I don't even have photoshop! What a nerd! Just me and ye ole Kodak Easyshare with software included! That's for another bonus check! Great job on these! You'll get there! Hey, and thanks for visiting me today! Not only do I love visitors, I am loving your site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry...I'm not a stalker, I just realized that I put an exclamation point after every one of those sentences. I won't make that mistake twice. I promise. = )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! I'm really diggin' the new camera.
    @Jessica~~I'm so excited! I'll be by!
    @Janine~~No worries...I WAAAAYYY overuse exclamation points too!!!! (and CAPS)!. !. !.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these! My favorite edited photo is the one of Tiny Tim. Absolutely gorgeous! Great job.
    Thanks so much for stopping by and linking your WW post up over at my place. Have a great day.

    Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
    @TweetingMama

    ReplyDelete
  12. Working with the special effect and the tutorials online are simply loads of fun. Excellent post.

    I'm trying to catch up on my wonderful visitors from Wednesday. I thank you for dropping by and leaving such a kind comment. It's always so much appreciated.

    Thanks, and do come again sometime soon.

    Hope your day has been treating you well so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never noticed eyes like that before. It makes such a difference!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Last two are the best. Cute kids in all. Love the blue eyes. I agree the brown eyes are kind of scarey looking with the black and white. Funny, who'd of thought it.

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails