Monday, February 6, 2012

5 @ 8

girls-25

it’s one of my favorites, eight months.
having been down this road a few time i can say with certainty—eight months and 14 months.

and this one’s no different.

she sees the camera come out and she’s on it.

IMG_9223_8336

worm-wiggling her way over

IMG_9224_8337

whassat mommy?

IMG_9221_8334

whatcha got?

IMG_9222_8335

can i have it?

IMG_9227_8340

can i bite it? with my two sharp teeth?
 IMG_9230_8341

our recent spate of sicknesses hasn’t spared her (both the stomach bug and now a cold), plus all the Cutting Of The Teeth. so her sleeping has gotten a bit out of whack.

meaning: she flat out refuses to sleep on her own, in her bed. and since she’s mastered the moving-from-laying-position-to-sitting-position maneuver, when i try to sneak in and check on her more often then not i find this:

IMG_9205_8397

savvvveeee meeee! i’ve pulled down all the blankets you draped around my playpen so i couldn’t see you coming and now i seeeeeee yooouuuu so sssaaaaavvvvveeee mmmmeeeeee!!!!

(please pardon that unfortunate dora blanket. it came in a hand-me-down bag and was immediately claimed by gigi.)

it really borders on spooky. the kid can hear you—no matter how stealthy you think you are. no matter how quietly you think you’re tiptoeing. really—in the middle of the night when she cries we have to lay COMPLETELY STILL. she can seriously hear the movement of the down comforter and knows when you’re getting up.

so our goal now is to suffer through these nights until she’s sleeping completely on her own, through (most of) the night. and then she can join her sisters in the girls’ dormitory.

but as much as i long for uninterrupted nights of sleep…i look down at that little face and think this is it. my last baby. the last little one who’s greatest desire is the comfort of my arms, and the warmth of my milk.

image

but then she bites me and sticks her fingers up my nose and it’s over and i throw her back in her bed to cry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. mine will turn 8 months by the end of the month... they grow so fast...
    www.houseofestrela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. My baby is 8 months (9 on the 18th) and she's just as stealthy. How is it possible? At times (read when her daddy's holding her) she could sleep through a train wreck, but try to get her to sleep alone in her crib and she can hear me think about breathing two rooms away.
    I finally decided she needed to fall asleep on her own without nursing so she'd know how to get herself back to sleep at night. She slept through the night at 3-5 months, but it got increasingly harder the past two months.
    We started a week and 17 hrs ago. She's doing awesome. 12 hours a night. Naps are harder, but no real tears anymore.
    In other news I didn't get a special occasion dress finished for pr&p. Yeah. Last week sucked.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her cute grin in the second photo. It totally looks like she's curious about what you're holding. Some babies love cameras. There's a particular 12 month old we know who loves his picture taken. He grins when he see's me bring the camera out. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails