Tuesday, March 1, 2011

really, i’m not bitter.

i know the rest of the blogging world has apparently moved on.

freezer paper and an exacto knife are sooo 2010.

if you want to create a personalized shirt anymore—you bust out your cricut or your silhouette or your whatever personal electric cutter and make lines so crisp and letters so straight you could…
well, i don’t know what you could do. but it would be impressive, i’m sure.

not all of us are there though. some of us still kick it old-school.

sharpie, freezer paper and exacto knife baby.

a blank tee is my canvas, and the world is my oyster.

IMG_4674_4361_edited-1

especially when that blank tee was like $1 at walmart (yes, the tag says $3, but i think i paid $1)

when i saw this quote floating around the interwebs, i knew it would be the perfect shirt for little man…
IMG_4676_4363_edited-1

i’d love to stay, but i really mustache! ("must dash", in case you're like googiedaddy. man has no vision sometimes.) ha! hahaha! that makes me laugh. it makes me laugh in a way that makes my whole belly shake and five probably thinks there’s an earthquake or a tsunami or something.

anyway

i took a piece of freezer paper the size of the area i wanted to cover, folded it find the center, and just free-handed my lettering & mustache.


then i cut it all out and ironed the freezer paper down.
IMG_4677_4364_edited-1

hit it with some black fabric paint…

IMG_4678_4365_edited-1 


and the big reveal…(i LOVE the big reveal)

IMG_4679_4366_edited-1

to give it a little more something, i used the red fabric paint pen that i used to make little man’s woody shirt and added a bit of crazy detail…

IMG_4680_4354_edited-1 

and there you have it. doesn't get much easier than that. no electronic devices necessary.

(and despite his serious face, he actually quite loved the shirt. i guess maybe the whole "mustache" thing requires a more upscale and staid personality than my typical crazy little man)

IMG_4681_4355_edited-1
IMG_4686_4360_edited-1 
(he’s twirling his imaginary mustache, can’t you tell?)




i'm linking this up here today:




Tip Junkie handmade projects



 
http://todayscreativeblog.net/




Show and Tell Green
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!
    The red detailing takes it from great to awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha! Mustache. Must dash. Ha!

    And don't worry, we kick it old school around here too. Stupid silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this shirt! I MUST make one for my sons. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE it hahahaha. No fear, Im silhouette-less as well :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's adorable-especially with your added flair! must dash-haven't heard that before. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh now that is just too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha OMG I love it! This is stinkin hilarious!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW are you entering this into the contest "I am Momma hear me roar" is doing? Its a boys t-shirt contest?
    I bet you could win... this is that awesome. LOL

    If you havent seen it.. check out the details here:
    http://iammommahearmeroar.blogspot.com/2011/02/contest-lets-hear-it-for-boys.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it! i do have a sillouette thanks to my mil, but i gotta say, when i make a homemade shirt for my little man, i want it to look homemade. still love my bright pink exacto, love the process of sketching out something he will love, love the whole process. will save the silloette for cards or something.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome and I could totally tell he is twirling his mustache. I just found you blog and am having fun reading through it. I am praying for your back. I hope it will ease up on you.

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails