Monday, July 12, 2010

harvest

our first official "bounty" from
googie garden 2010

Photobucket

and for the life of me, i can not conceive of anything more appropriate to do with fresh basil than make

Basil Pesto

Photobucket

here's my official recipe:
2 cups of fresh basil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 cloves garlic

all mashed up in the food processor

drizzle in olive oil until pesto-y (my official term)
add salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to taste

Photobucket

you would not believe how this smells

it meets the pasta...

Photobucket

they mingle and mix, and this beautiful combination finds its way to my plate

Photobucket

ohhhh...i died

Little Bear had FOUR helpings. Four. She only weighs 23 lbs.

of course, for the meat eaters in the family, googiedaddy provided some additional nourishment.

sirloin stuffed with horseradish cheddar and wrapped with bacon, all from the local Amish market.

Photobucket

word around the dinner table was that it was pretty good stuff.
but i'll stick with the pesto, thankyouverymuch

Photobucket
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. oh little bear! lol too cute. and i was hoping you'd make pesto when i saw those fresh basil leaves. it's just so... classic. and making anything else would be like, i dunno, trying too hard. mmm! but really, you can't go wrong with anything basil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Shannon! Thank you for the offer of going to IKEA again. Someone has already snatched some fabric up for me, so you don't need to make a trip, but THANK YOU for your offer. If you've already bought some by the time you read this, I will reimburse you for what you picked up. Thanks!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What else can you do with basil really? We had a bumper crop this year but I didn't make nearly enough pesto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any basil this year :( Not sure how I dropped the ball on this one. I wonder if there is still any at the garden shop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Basil pairs beautifully with tomatoes...sauteed in olive oil w/ garlic is divine. Sprinkle w/ freshly grated parmesan. The world will love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy does that look good! So glad I decided to grow basil this year...

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails