Friday, April 30, 2010

The Start of Something Good

Last week I decided that I hate my living room.


Well, not "hate" exactly...because we all know it's not nice to hate.


But...let's say, 'extremely dislike'.
 So with {very} limited funds, I've set out to brighten, modernize and update the room on a tiny, tiny budget.

Phase One: Scan living room, grab anything not nailed down. Visit thrift shop, grab stuff you think has "potential".


Take it all outside, thusly:


Photobucket


Phase Two: Apply liberal coats of white spray paint!!


I'm going to break this down into a few stages, but for today lets focus on those two candlesticks in the background...


Yeah, these guys:


Photobucket


They had a big lampshade that was actually made out of wax on top. (I should have taken a "before" pic of the whole thing) The wax topper got put away for later purposes. After I sprayed them white, I got two simple glass bowls at the Dollar Tree, and glued them on top. One got a little candle inside, the other got some of those "moss" covered stones from the Dollar Tree.


Result?


Photobucket

I. LOVE. THEM.

That is all!

More living room reveals coming next week!!! Stay tuned--same bat time, same bat channel!

I'm linking up to some of the parties you can see here.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! I love those! That is so creative. I would have NEVER thought to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeez it's so simple. How did you do that? Hmm, rubbing my arm against yours in hopes of getting some of that creative decorating vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I saw this! I am way into re-purposing candlesticks right now. How fun!
    Stopping over from Tatertots and Jello party.
    -Mama E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab. U. Lous. The best part of a good link party is discovering new genius on the net. I'm glad I found you through Tatertots and Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and creative!! And you combined two of my favorite things...the thrift store and dollar store!!

    Stopping by from Tatertots and Jello's Weekend Wrap-up Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally going to do these! I've been trying to come up with ideas for our mantle for almost a year and this would be a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails