Sunday, April 25, 2010

Going for the Gold

A few months ago I had the bright idea to run a half marathon. I think my training lasted 3 days.

This weekend was the half marathon I was training for planning on briefly considered running, and, in it's honor, I held my own personal marathon. One more...my speed. A pillow sewing marathon.

Now that I can medal in.

Eleven pillows divided between the living room and bedroom. A...biathalon, if you will. I am the sewing world's Lance Armstrong.

The living room reveal will wait until later...but here's the end result of the bedroom pillow marathon--the first leg of my incredible feats of endurance and the culmination of extensive hard training:



Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay, I may have gotten a touch carried away with my marathon metaphor. (simile?) They truly weren't that difficult.

The chandelier stenciled pillow I did a couple weeks ago, you can find the info and tutorial here.

This weekend I started with the rectangular black pillows. I left them plain--although the fabric has a nice texture that adds some interest which you can't really see in these photos.


Then I did the printed pillows. These were made out of a clean soft white linen-like fabric. I don't even really know exactly what it is--just something we had yards of extra at work. :0) I can always make free work!


I wanted to put words on them--I love the pillows that Tiffany at Lemon Tree Creations has done here! Initials? Scriptures? The possibilities are endless!!! I chose to put the words "husband" and "wife" with their definitions.

I had a lot more info at first--the word origins, Biblical usage, lots of admittedly interesting stuff (you can see all info on the bottom right paper--waaay too much I think!!!) But I narrowed it down to just a basic definition so the pillow looked cleaner. I printed it out in a font I liked onto inkjet t-shirt transfer paper, and ironed it onto the white fabric.


Photobucket


Photobucket


I put a border of the black on the pillows, and did a white zigzag stitch down the side for a little more interest, then sewed them up.


Photobucket


Photobucket
ignore the poorly made bed...yeah, those sheets hanging out right there...


Really easy, and I'm happy with the result. As an added bonus, when googiedaddy wants to snuggle and I'm not in the mood, I can totally just toss him a "wife" pillow. hehehe

If you look on googiedaddy's side of the bed, you can see the nightstand I refinished. I still have more work to do--need a nightstand for my side of the bed, and some cute stuff for both of them. But we're getting somewhere!

Linking up here:
UndertheTableandDreaming





Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
The Girl Creative

Making

DIY Day @ ASPTL
Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I love the entire look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!!!! Love the bedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amy~~Thanks so much!
    @Seth's Mommy~~Thank you. Would you believe its from Walmart? I knew what look I wanted, and searched high and low--and that was the only place I could find it! Of course now I've seen similar sets in about 1000 other places! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pillows!!! And I had to laugh at your "don't look at my poorly made bed" comment. Glad to see you are human like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love them, Im into white and black these days! Great job, I love the chandelier pillow.
    XoXo
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how it all looks! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cushions are totally adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are stunning and look fabulous on your bed!Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing at the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'll be featuring your pillows today! Love them! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pillows look beautiful ! I love all the bedding.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pillow are lovely and your bedding is wonderful. If only I could sew!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously I want one of those chandelier pillows! How do I make one?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone!
    @Abby--check out the post "Pillow Talk"--I gave step by step instructions on how I made the chandelier pillow :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I love the pillows! Your bed is beautiful, too. I really want to try and make this. You make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pillows are lovely and they look fabulous on your bed!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  16. These pillows are beautiful, I'm very impressed with anyone who can sew. I crochet and knit but I hate sewing, love the products just don't want to have to do the work to get there. Following you from MBC.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! I have black and white bedding and am in the midst of a bedroom redo. I made a throw pillow with old buttons, but I wish I'd seen these first!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, I think I'm in love with you. ALright, at the very least your damask'nuss.GorgeeeUS. I'm super mega jealous of your mad skillz, lady!

    Beautifully done.. from one damask loving girl to another! I'm a new regular.

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails