Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chandelier Stenciling--Part 2

Yesterday I showed how I created a freezer paper stencil of a chandelier to make a pillow for my room. While I was at it, I cut and stenciled two, because I had another idea.


This is what I started with:


Photobucket


The second stenciled image, a $5 black frame (11x13) from Walmart, and a piece of cotton batting.


I removed the glass from the frame and used the mat to cut a thick piece of cardboard the same size.


Photobucket


Next make a sandwich--cardboard, batting, fabric. I was going to staple this, but the staples poked through the front, so a little duct tape worked just as well. Tape it all down nice and tight.


Photobucket


Put that whole thing into your frame. I used a little more duct tape and a couple staples at this point to help the back stay tightly closed.


Oooh...look how pretty!


Photobucket


But what is it we've made?
Why, a chandelier for your chandelier earrings, of course!


Photobucket

I'm going to hang this in my closet to hang all my earrings from, and hopefully bring a little organization to that mess!!! (This is why you're seeing a picture of it in front of the window--NOT in my closet. Trust me, the internet is not ready for a picture of my closet)

Although, the more I look at it, I think it's REALLY cute, and may look just as good hanging in the room! (even though my OCD side desperately wants to hang the earringS symetrically...like a real chandelier!)

Okay, that's two down! Two projects from my chandelier stencil! (why do I sound like the Count? TWO! TWO projects done! AH AH AH!!!)

Come back tomorrow to see what happened with the cut-out image I had left! Click HERE to see what I did!

Linking up to these parties:
Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
Wednesday Boardwalk Bragfest @ Bobbypins Boardwalk
Idea Sharin Wednesday @ Women Who Do It All
Make It Yours Day @ My Backyard Eden
Penny Pinching Party @ The Thrifty Home


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special




Also:
Like the rest of blogland, I'm well aware of what today is~~April 7, exactly one year since little Madeline Spohr died. As I sit here in bed snuggling my own 17 month old, (the same age Maddy was when she passed) I think of her family. Yes, Heather, we do hold our children a little tighter when we think of all you've endured. My thoughts are with the family.
Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS PROJECT. Thank you so much for linking to the Boardwalk Bragfest. Your idea is clever and creative and turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'm crazy about chandeliers and this is a wonderful idea!

    Coming over from Blue Cricket Design and a happy new follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jan--Thanks so much--for both comments :0P Duct tape is great, isn't it? hehehe

    @Jeanine--Thanks you! Always happy to have a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful idea! Great project. Duct tape fixes ANYTHING! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous idea, and I love that you have jewelery hanging from it! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the added dangles - just what the chandelier needed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sherri--i heart duct tape...hey, do I feel a new blog coming on??? ;oP

    @shannon--thanks so much! hopefully this will help me be more organized! (hope springs eternal!!)

    @kim--its what makes a chandelier a chandelier, right? Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out great! I love freezer paper stenciling.

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always wante dto try the freezer paper stenciling. Stop by the Sunday Showcase party if you have a chance - I Love the chandelier print - super fab!

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails