Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm just confessing...

pssst...here...you...
YEAH, you...
over here...
I have something to say.
Something, really, to confess...
And I'm not alone.
I have guilt, and I'm pretty sure Dana at Dana Made It, and Rae of Made by Rae are sharing the same guilt...
I have 4 children. Three girls, and one lonely boy.
And I love my son. He's my little buddy. My little man. My boy-boy. He's a snuggler, a sweetheart...and a toughie, a rough-n-tumble maniac.
Its just...girl's clothes are so much FUN!! Twirly skirts and fancy dresses...sparkles and tulle and lace and gathering and, and...and....
I know, I know. I'm confessing here. And not doing a fine job of it.
So here goes (deep breath). I, googiemomma, do hereby admit that I do not sew for my son. Sure, there was the pity Phillies "blanket" I made him this summer (preprinted fleece that I ran through my serger). Yeah, there was the vest I made him a few weeks ago (a lame attempt to soothe my conscience for making matching dresses for the three girls.) But all in all, he definitely gets the short end of the needle.
And so, I have been inspired. I will join the Celebration of Boys going on at the Mades.
And this is what I'm making...
  • Photobucket
  • You like?
  • Of course, don't you just want to eat up the little guy on the right? With his little briefcase and skater hair...
  • Photobucket
Although, now that I look a little harder...he kind of reminds me of someone...
Anyway, the plaid I've had for a while, with this very project in mind. No really, I swear. I'm doing the jacket--which has ELBOW PATCHES!!! Doesn't get much better than that. And I'll probably do a variation of the pant on the left--without the cargo pockets--to make it more "suit-like". I'm a little nervous that the fabric is a touch lightweight for what I'm imagining. But I refuse to be stopped. After all, this month is...
Celebrate the Boy!!!
And I'm ALL on that.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, those patterns are WAY too cute! Thanks for posting about BOY month!

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails