Friday, February 12, 2010

Cora

I'm having some computer trouble this week, so posts will be few.

But I wanted to say that if you haven't read this, you should.

As the mother of four (relatively) healthy babies, I found Cora's story absolutely heartbreaking.

As a mother, the thought of what these parents went through literally takes my breath away.

And the fact that a simple test could have warned these parents of the dangers facing their innocent baby...mind boggling.

We have dealt with our share of health issues with our children. While stressful, and at times potentially life-threatening, we have managed to slip under the wire.
We still have four healthy children.

But so many people don't.

According to Cora's Mommy's site, http://www.corasstory.org/,Congenital Heart Disease (which took Cora's life) is the number one baby killer, according to the Children's Heart Foundation. An estimated 1 in 100 babies are born with CHD. CHD kills more children than all forms of childhood cancer combined
In support of CHD Awareness Week, I've added Cora's buttons to my blog.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails