Thursday, January 5, 2012

stick a fork in it, it’s done. like one of those big giant forks people hang on their walls. but even bigger.

i almost lost my husband. no, really. he turned to me last night, when the googies were all snug in their newly finished beds, and said, “this room almost killed me.”

and i believe him. the man worked like he was possessed. 16 hour days…this week waking up at 5:30 and working at his regular job days and coming home to finish up things here in the room until 11.

two rooms joined into one, and a huge double bunk bed built.

last night was the big reveal. it was hard getting that bus into the hallway, but we managed. ;)

oh, didn’t i mention? we didn’t let the girls see their room until completion. they’ve been on pins and needles since monday—knowing it was close, asking every day five minutes if it was going to be done today.

and yesterday was finally, FINALLY the day.

today i try and restore order to the rest of our home. (ha) i also need to edit and write posts about the whole process of the room, which will hopefully be up next week. fair warning: i’m gonna drag this out. we worked so long and so hard on this room, and we are so stinkin’ proud of it that i’m going to use it for all it’s worth. expect LOTS and LOTS of posts of EVERY.LAST.DETAIL.

srsly. i may have one whole post devoted to how i put the sheets on the beds.
and you better like it.

until then, in true extreme home makeover fashion, i leave you with this--

the “reaction” shot

girls room_7871

aaaannnndddd…

cut to commercial.

Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Agh! I wanna seeeeee!!!! I'll have my curser hovering over my Pin It button, waiting to pin your after pictures: I know that you've achieved greatness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^that's darlene from http://thisblessedlife.ca up there...I have too many Google accounts...grumblegrumble...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAHHHH!!! That's so mean! But it's OK--we'll willingly be strung along, loyal readers that we are... And you deserve the fun after all your hard work! Can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm dying to see it! I think you should drag it out...any good blogger would. :) I can't wait to drool over every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw it It's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. you guys are cracking me up! what if you hate it?? huh? what THEN?????

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails