Thursday, August 4, 2011

where else can you get your impulsivebuysker?

cause really, what says “budget” like a spur of the moment trip to ikea?

IMG_5658_5183_edited-1

one where you fill your GIANT BLUE BAG with $100 worth of items you didn’t really know you needed?

how could i live with myself if i passed up drommar for only $5.99? whatever would i make my tarts in?

IMG_5661_5186_edited-1

and one can never have enough bevara…especially at $2.99.

IMG_5662_5187_edited-1

do you see this fabric as a wild wood-printed skirt?

i do. i think it will be cool.

IMG_5663_5188_edited-1

and this box for $3.99 looks perfect for organizing sewing supplies…something desperately needed around here.

IMG_5664_5189 

and this loaf pan is longer and thinner than the standard ones i have—better for sandwich loaves for school i’m thinking???

oops…how’d that choklad sneak in there? ;o)

are swedish calories less fattening than american ones?

the weird dichotomy about ikea is that when i visit i want to come home and strip my living spaces of all non-essentials. i envision clean straight lines and white open spaces…a place for all the necessities and everything in order.

but i come home with a bag full of things…

IMG_5659_5184_edited-1

kluttor.

the swedish version, but clutter just the same.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish we had an IKEA here. I've never been to one, and everything that I find online that I want is only available in stores. I guess I'll just stick to doing my budget shopping at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fyi - drommar means dreams and bevara means to keep. Tone

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! a translator! yay! okay, the "bevara" i see...but drommar? maybe we're dreaming about fruit tortes now?
    okay...maybe that isn't so far off from truth.
    i do love my fruit tortes.

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails