Thursday, January 13, 2011

permission

i did it.

that ENTIRE bag of mixed up puzzle pieces? you know, the one i keep adding to as i find the pieces scattered around the house...delusionally thinking that one day when i have ohh, 3 or 4 spare hours, i'm going to sort them all into the proper box(es), toss the ones with too many missing pieces, and organize the rest?

ya, that one.

shhhh...come closer...

i threw it away.

unopened. unsorted. unrepentantly.

know what else?
while i was at it, i tossed an entire trash bag of broken/neglected/old and unplayed with toys.

shhhh....

there's more.
my google reader? the one that while i was "off" not blogging and not on the computer for a bit managed to amass 600+ unread blog posts from some of my favorite blogs?

mark all as read.

that's right. i did it.
unread. un-savedtheideasiloveforthefuture. unrepentantly.

i'm sure there were many awesome posts in there. great ideas that i may kick myself for missing later. just as i'm sure there were complete puzzles in that bag. puzzles the kids and i would have enjoyed putting together on a snowy night with cups of cocoa by our sides.

but sometimes, just sometimes, you have to toss the good with the bad. otherwise you'll drown.

a cathartic purging of clutter--both material goods and mental goods. it's good for the mind and body.

and to finish out my day?
i drank a cup of hot chocolate. with TWO packs in one mug. and whipped cream AND marshmallows.

and waited until the kids were in bed to do it.

that's just how i roll.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Haha. That is so awesome! I "read" my 1000+ Google Reader posts every week. LOL

    Thanks for making me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is hanging open as the thoughts of what all I could have done with those puzzle pieces runs through my head, lol. No wonder my husband thinks I keep EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. michelle--DON'T DO THAT TO ME!!! i was feeling all self-satisfied and content with my purging!!
    don't make me dumpster dive! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the best blog ever! :o) I totally relate to everything you write!

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails