Tuesday, August 3, 2010

a bad egg

you know what i hate?

when you stay up until 10:30 at night making egg salad for the trip to the beach tomorrow, and instead of your hard boiled eggs peeling like this:


they peel like this:



what in the egg-peelin' blazes?

huh?

again for emphasis:
good egg

bad eggs:


very, verrrry bad egg:

cause seriously, what says "bad" like an eyepatch? and those hands...they're doing that evil "heh-heh-heh" thing.

but you know what i love?

revenge.


you know what else i love?

taking the remaining hard-boiled eggs left for googiedaddy, and making them look like eeee-vahhh



isn't daddy in for a treat tomorrow...



that's right. it's the inside of my fridge. and no, i didn't clean it out before i took this picture. that's how this blogger rolls. keepin' it real. plus, did you not hear me say it was 10:30?

oh, and p.s.--i just love that last guy. he's like the mr. bill of eggs. "oohhhhh noooooo!!!!"

and hey, p.p.s.--did you see that first picture? i'll wait whilst you scroll back up and have a gander...hum-da-dumm...yeah, you see how that egg is STANDING UP? yup, done without the aid of trick wires, my friends. let's give props where they're due. that required some mad quick trigger finger on the ole camera.
Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. can't...breathe....

    too...funny!!!!!!

    love it! "oh nooooo"

    bahahahaha!!! keep keepin it real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you but I feel like I do! This kind of thing happens in my house...a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know why they peel that way? Cause they're FRESH or that's what my research turned up when we had our own chickens. I used to keep a few eggs aside to "mature" for boiled eggs.
    Your fridge is cleaner than mine and what else do you put in your egg salad?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @FoxyMoron~~you know, that's what i've heard too. but these all came from the same pack.???? oh well...it's a mystery for the ages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops..oh, and i keep the egg salad simple: mayo, salt, pepper & dill. nice and easy :0)
    thanks for askin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has me smiling! Your husband's lucky to have such a playful lady. :) Tip for avoiding eggs like that: put a lil salt and a lil vinegar in the water, also wait til the water is boiling before dropping 'em in (some people put them in before boiling, which isn't as beneficial). My dad taught me this and it works like a charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny! I just boiled an egg - ten days after someone gave it to me - that peeled beautifully. But the one I peeled the day he gave it: just like your hated ones!

    It's the curse of freshness. What to do?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mine ALWAYS look hideous :) Gonna try some of these tips to take them out pretty.

    Funny drawings in the fridge, too. We do stuff like that all the time at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. found you via the i made it so: archive dive
    This post had me giggling for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol - too funny! Love the drawings :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I found you and read this post! Very cute and your sense of humor comes across quite well (not easy to do in writing)! I'm smiling from ear to ear! :)

    I'm stopping by from i made it so's friday archive dive "favourite post". (I know, I'm a week overdue!) I hope you'll do the same! You can find mine @ http://sofiasideas.com/2010/02/23/plastic-bottle-caps/

    Sofia's Ideas

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails