Tuesday, June 22, 2010

it's hard to can-can when your shoe's Toulouse

i've never canned.


Truth be told...i've never really wanted to can.


But with our big garden this year, it's going to be a necessity (if everything grows, that is)


So with all the raspberries we picked, we decided to jump right in with both feet.


(as usual)

Gotta learn somehow :0)


Homemade Raspberry-Cherry Jam

Photobucket

Photobucket

when you forget that you don't have a potato masher, a pastry cutter makes a fine substitute.

or maybe not.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
is there anything more alluring than a man pitting cherries? wearing an apron?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

i wish you could taste it.
***curious about today's post title? click here
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Wow that makes me hungry for toast and jam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Can you come to my house and make that now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks sooooo tasty. Ever heard of freezer jam? Strawberry freezer jam is my fav ever! I like it on toast... and..... ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tomatoes and peaches, but I;m not very good at it. I just figured it out myself without ever seeing anyone do it. But we enjoy our home canned goods in the winter anyway! Beautiful post. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!
    @ Sara~I was debating between traditional canned jam & freezer jam. I have A LOT of space in the deep freezer to fill. But I wanted to give "real" canning a try, ya know? :0)
    @TPP~Glad to hear I'm not the only one crazy enough to jump in without lessons! :0)

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails