Thursday, June 17, 2010

the bag lady whines

Yesterday was the oldest three googie's last day of school.


How did I get three children in school? THREE school-age kids??


As thank you gifts this year I decided to do bags for their teachers.


Photobucket




I was shooting for a nice, roomy, durable bag able to hold lots of "teacher stuff".


Photobucket

The outside is a soft buttery leather...


Photobucket


I let each kid pick out the lining fabric for their teacher,


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


And then used it to reverse applique their first initial and a little coordinating design on the front...


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


And I'm such a chicken. The whole time I drive myself and my husband crazy with things like "What if they have a moral objection to leather?" "What if they think I'm too forward putting their first inital on here?" "What if it looks too homemade?" "What if they just HATE IT????"

Seriously...I fret and worry and {ahem} whine over all these things.

Even after the kids come home I grill them: "What did she say?" "Well, did she say she liked it like 'blah blah yeah I like it' or was it more like 'OH-THIS-IS-THE-BEST-PRESENT-I-EVER-GOT!'"


I'm horrible.

Seriously though--please tell me I'm not alone. I've been sewing and crafting for years, but I never rarely give my stuff to others because, well, I made it. And I never think it's good enough.But I'm working on it. So here they are: three bags for three well-loved teachers.


Photobucket
Photobucket


The end of Kindergarten/2nd grade/4th grade....onto 1st/3rd/5th next year....


Photobucket


I put googiemomma tags on them, even though I don't sell them currently in my Etsy shop...I'm thinking about it.

Come back tomorrow and see the little clutches I did for some other teachers! Click here to see the clutches!

Linking up to these great linky parties!

and here:
SYS Teachers
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I think they're great! I've been telling you to sell them. I also would love one myself...hint, hint. I would even buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those bags are awesome! I know what you mean aobut being insecure about gifting. My son's teacher wanted me to make her a tunic top for months and I kept putting it off because I was afraid she would be disappointed in it. I'm way to critical of myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cool and original, I like'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great gifts! One year I made mint jelly for the kids' teachers for Christmas gifts. One of the teachers was away the day they took them and the jar of jelly just got put in her drawer. She came back to a drawer full of stuff soaked in mint jelly. I think she would have much preferred a homemade leather bag. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my these are too cool! How'd you even do these?? :O

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails