Friday, May 21, 2010

Playing the Field

Today is Field Day at the kid's school. It's a day of fun and games played outside--the entire school divided into black or gold teams. And of course it would be too much to think that my three school-goers would be on the same team.

Oh no, we've got two black and one gold.

What's a momma to do?

Well, clearly, it's take child #4 and turn them into a bi-partisan cheerleader:

Photobucket

Fortunately over the last few years we've amassed quite the collection of black (gray) and gold tees from Field Days past.

Photobucket

So I cut the fronts off them:

Photobucket

Folded them in half and traced the outline of a dress:

Photobucket

And cut it out:

Photobucket

Now, I could have sewn it together like that. But if you're going to start a project last minute, the least you can do is over complicate it for yourself.

So I lined up my two dress halves and cut a little slit 3/4 of the way up:

Photobucket

And sewed in triangles of opposite color fabric:

Photobucket

THEN I sew up the shoulder seams and side seams.
I cut two strips of gray and gathered them:

Photobucket

And attached them to the dress:

Photobucket

And finally ran a bit of elastic around the inside, stretching it as I went, to gather up waist a bit:

Photobucket

And there we have it:

Photobucket

Photobucket

What to do with all the little extra strips from the tee?

Bracelets of course!

Photobucket

We've got our cold water, we've got our t-shirts, we've got our tiger striped nails...

Photobucket

So we're off! Ready to sweat in the hot sun watching kids randomly run around the field not completely understanding what exactly they're supposed to be doing in pointless competitive games cheer on our little athletes!

Go Tigers!

Photobucket



(Kindergarteners don't get their tee's until they get to school, thus one pink tiger!)

Linking up here:
HookingupwithHoH
 
Photobucket
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. You are SO creative! Thank you for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you clever?! And what a great idea, hope you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute dress! I love the ruffles on the shoulder. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog... I'm looking over yours trying to find your diamond project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! How did you think of that? Kudos on a great blog.

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails