Thursday, April 15, 2010

99 Things

I'm working on a fun project for either tomorrow or Monday...depending on how much time I spend cleaning vs. crafting today!!! (I swear I'm cleaning honey...)

So in the meantime, here's the 99 things meme that I've seen in a few different places around the interwebber. I think its kind of funny. You bold the things you've done, and italicize the things you want to do. And, presumably, the plain ones you've never done, and don't want to do.


1. Started your own blog.
you're here, aren't you?
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
so long as elementary school flute counts hehe
4. Visited Hawaii.
Are you reading Mom & Dad??? HUH??? ARE YA???
(pssst...they just took my 15 year old brother to Hawaii. I got to drive them to the airport. Oh, and I got some Macadamia Nuts. Totally fair.)
5. Watched a meteor shower.
(in conjunction with #2)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
does the shower count?
11. Bungee jumped.
12. Visited Paris.
Are you reading this honey?? ARE YOU??? THAT'S ITALICS--meaning nope, I haven't, but I WANT TO!!!
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
right before baby #1 came, googiedaddy and I went away to the shore and our last night there a beautiful storm rolled through which we snuggled under the nasty hotel comforter and watched out on our 3rd floor balcony...it is one of my favorite memories ever.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child.
Something I've always longed to do, but with 4 googies already here, I don't know that it will ever happen...
16. Had food poisoning. There's a claim to fame for ya.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
Walked up, looked out for all of 10 seconds, and walked back down. Way more effort than my fear of heights warranted.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
Every year baby. Mostly from seed.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
See #12
20. Slept on an overnight train.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
Okay, as a mom I think this should be changed to: NOT taken a sick day when you ARE ill. And that would be bold--as in--yes, I've done it.
24. Built a snow fort.
25. Held a lamb.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Run a marathon.
This was a goal for this year. But then I remembered...I have 4 kids.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run.
32. Been on a cruise.
     32a. GO AGAIN.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
35. Seen an Amish community.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
   Besides a little Baby Sign Language so I can communicate with my BabyBear!
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke.
Cruise, sister-in-law, I Will Survive. Need I say more?
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
Although I did buy donuts and coffee for a homeless guy once.
44. Visited Africa.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
There should be another option for "hope I never"
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Every one is like a knife to the heart....(see #12 again)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
55. Been in a movie.
Home movies, yes...
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
   Still doesn't totally make up for the Paris thing...but I do love him for it...:0)
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
67. Bounced a check.
Unfortunately...
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. Still got my Raggedy Ann that my mom made me, and my Midge Barbie (seeing a red-hair trend here???)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
ewww...
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Times Square.
74. Toured the Everglades.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
  Motorcycle, yes...speeding motorcycle, no
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
Hmmm...I've been on the news. But I don't think I've ever been pictured in the paper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited the White House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
SUPER ewwwwww!!!
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
I do want to do this, but I don't want to have to, you know what I mean?
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Had a baby.
Yup. Check, check, check aaaand check.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
98. Owned a cell phone.
Seriously? Maybe someone started this list in 1992.
99. Been stung by a bee.

So there it is...you now know a little more about me (because I know you were just dying to know a little more about MEMEMEME).

If you do/did your own 99 things post, let me know or email it to me! I'd love to take a look!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That is a great list... done a lot of your 99 stuff...wanna trade? It is almost like New Year resolution x99 :)

    http://polwig.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i counted about 40 give or take (some are grey areas) it makes you wonder...did I accomplish a lot? or not? gmm

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails