Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Doll's Tale

I have been so inspired by all the adorable handmade dolls I've seen--both online and at the Amish market near us.
I decided to give it a whirl...
And so, with visions of a much-loved and played with toy running through my head, I created this for my Baby Bear:

Photobucket

I put alot of thought into it.

I made it to vaguely resemble her--the blond piggy tails shooting up on either side. They have crinkly paper in them for interest.

The fringy eyelashes, hand stitched and trimmed; the embroidered lips, bright red and feminine; the ruffly dress, the bright colors--yet not too bold...all done with my Baby Bear in mind.

Something soft to snuggle with, yet interesting enough to keep her entertained.

Photobucket

I imagined repairing "boo-boos" inflicted by too much love...washing a baby muddied by countless backyard adventures...packing her up to make the move to a newlywed's home, there to await the day she can be loved by a new generation of grandbabies...

I know, I know...I'll give you a moment to dry your sentimental tears.

I imagined too much.

Because this is what happened:

Photobucket
She flat-out hates the thing.

Can't stand it.

Won't touch it.

Maybe because I made the doll as big as her?
Like a stuffed zombie out to eat her brain...

Photobucket


Hmm...well, it was a lovely thought.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute blog. Happy SITS Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From SITS Sharefest..

    I laughed out loud at that. Hysterical! And so like something that would happen to me! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny...started out so sweet and then reality come in!! Too funny! Happy Saturday SITS Sharefest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jumnped up a few comments and checked yours out too! I loved it! I'm contemplating doing a quiet book for my busy bee - but I'm terrified that it won't get played with. All of that time & effort! Ughhhh!

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest ;)

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails