Friday, December 16, 2011

friday brain dump + instagram fun + a link up!

*1
i finished my family room curtains, and the curtains for harrison's room 2 weeks ago. and i've been planning on blogging them, like, pretty much every day. but i haven't yet gotten around to it.

and by "gotten around to it" i really mean "felt like cleaning up the mess around it so i can take pictures that look like we live like clean people and not like dirty people"



it was super hard to take this spectacular photo from the couch. i had to kind of sit up, and twist a bit to the side.

meh, maybe next week.

*2
i've been lusting after rain boots. big time. stalking them in every store and website i think of/visit. but i've been unable to pull the trigger, seeing as all the ones i really love are like $30+.
last night though--
::insert angelic "aahh-AHHHHH" sound here::



one pair, an online return, clearanced down to $8.28 (by monkeys with calculators? srsly, who comes up with these numbers?), only 1/2 size larger than my shoe size (i'll wear thick socks)

granted--they're not houndstooth checked. but come on people--EIGHT BUCKS??
winning.
*3



i'm drowning in navy houndstooth.
8 yards bought on black friday weekend for $1.99/yd = matching googies! yay! i don't care. i'm a dork and i'll match them as long as i have strength to thread a needle.
or until they revolt, whichever comes first.

but i'm almost done.
what you see above is the end result of my personal sweat shop.

also, what you see below is the end result of my personal sweat shop.



ugh.
you'll see actual photos eventually.

*4
i fed five the other day. well, i feed her everyday. but this particular day she turned her head just as i was giving her a spoonful. the smear looked JUST LIKE a mustache and goatee.

don't believe me?

Bonjour. I Am le bebe.

amirite? laughed for hours over that one.
even the tongue sticking out. she's all "now go away or i shall taunt you a second time. bfffftttttt"

*5
how do we feel about babies with earrings? cause i may have gotten five's ears pierced.
okay, i totally did. and i just don't want to get a bunch of "you horrible pain-inflicting monster!"-type comments.
she cried for like a split second and it was over. just like the other three before her.

and plus she looks super cute.

*6

my header. this one i'm not so happy about. it's kind of a placeholder header until i find/create a new one i like.
any suggestions?

*7

finally, i'm linking up my random list here:



a link up of randomness. awesome randomness one can only assume.

have a good weekend!
googiemomma out.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Shannon,

    Was searching for a GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading and came across your post about having both your dd's ears pierced.

    I think you're a smart and thoughtful mommy for considering having your dd's ears pierced now. I had similar situation with dh.

    I wanted to do since birth and he was unsure. One day, he saw this toddler with the cutest little pearl earrings and told me how cute she looked. I asked if he was ready for our dd to have them pierced at 16 mos and I said YES!

    Asked our ped and she encouraged me to go ahead when mommy could care for them.

    Our Ped gave me some " Tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced since she had so many moms ask about having their infants and little girls ears pierced.

    I know cerebrally, as mothers of girls of all ages, we know it celebrates their femaleness and femininity. After all, they are little girls, right?

    Promise she'll thank you later for the "gift of pierced ears" as an infant and will look adorable in her upcoming holiday pictures.

    If any other moms would like any of our ped’s tips for piercing, then don’t hesitate to write me an e-mail. They include OTC meds to
    minimize any discomfort as well as how to find the most experienced person to pierce her ears.

    Amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - we might be twins. Except I can't sew. But I do love me some houndstooth! xo
    PS - 5 kids?! And time to sew. I am bowing down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how can someone look so adorable with a snotty looking mustache and goatee???

    ReplyDelete
  4. @amyswor--thanks for the vote of confidence! i got all my girls' ears pierced around 5/6 months. i've never had any trouble with them, and don't regret it. at all. i think if ear piercing is something you're going to do, you may as well get it over with when they're little. none of my girls has ever played with or pulled at the earrings!
    @susan--haha! don't bow down. you haven't seen my unscrubbed toilets.
    @anony--don't know. if i did i'd be a rich woman. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shannon,

    Thanks for the nice words. Ninety-five percent of women have pierced ears. When I asked our ped, she said the only problem she saw with infections was in 3-5 yr little girls who wanted it done after seeing their peers with them, but failed to care for them.

    She encouraged me to do it early, so we did it at six weeks. Also, she said if they cry it is because of being restrained or the noise of the piercing instrument near their ears, not any pain.

    Amyswor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

drop me a line. please? don't make me beg...it's not pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails